Thursday, February 21, 2008

In the beginning...

I'm going to try out this new blog system, and I have to admit, it feels strange just writing the word "blog". I've been keeping an online journal since before the term "weblogging" which then became "blogging", which is now such a common word. Blog, blog, blog, it sounds like the noise a wet frog would make when it jumps in the mud. Weird. Anyway, I'm going to start on a series of tiny paintings. Some of these will be small versions of large paintings, others will be sketches for what might become large paintings, and others will be masterpieces on their own. And on top of all this, I'm going to make these available to all of the teaming masses that wonder how they can ever build up a collection of my work with the rising price of gas, global warming, and general economic turmoil. As Sting so eloquently put it, "When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around". My eyes are only looking toward the brave new future, and I'd like to take as many of you with me as I can. I can hardly wait until tomorrow, so stay tuned for some exciting new additions to this collection of very small paintings in the upcoming weeks.

No comments: