Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Banana

A Banana, 5" by 7", oil on linen board, January 2009
Private collection, Greenwich, Connecticut

For so long I said I never would, only for one reason or another, yet today, for the very first time in history, I actually tried a very small study of a single banana. It was a great day for historical events, as Barack Obama was sworn in as the new president of these United States. I watched him deliver his inaugural address, and I was moved by his sincerity and dedication toward helping us to rebuild our identity and purpose among ourselves, and with the rest of the world, starting today. In my own studio, the brave new world starts with a painting of a banana, but bigger wheels are already turning. As always, I can hardly wait till tomorrow, for myself, and for all of us.

No comments: