Sunday, December 17, 2017

Connections

If someone were to ask for the original reason for the twenty-five days of paintings, the real answer would not be about selling paintings, or making small practice paintings, or even adding to the range of inventory. To be honest, the biggest reason I do these is for the connections they create. People use them as gifts, to connect to their loved ones, and some people collect them just to slowly augment a growing connection with my work. For me, I enjoy reconnecting with collectors from over the years, and new people are discovering me, and learning more about my world. Collectors that follow me on social media enjoy the daily posts and updates, and many of them reach out just to say hello again, and to let me know how much happiness they still get from works purchased many years ago. 

The substance of each painting is also a celebration of connections, of the spaces between the subjects, and the dialogues that are created in the rhythms and patterns of colors and shapes and gestures. A pear and an apple are not only different, but the subtle lean of the pear away from the apple almost suggests a personal indifference, yet the stem still pays attention to whatever conversation might be left unspoken between them. Maybe not adoration, but a mutual respect, just like we all shall learn to have with each other.

Pear and an Apple, 5 inches by 7 inches
SOLD!


No comments: