Thursday, December 7, 2017

Possibilities of Pastries

Many of you may recall the frenzy that was created when I posted a painting of a slice of my wife’s cheesecake. Everything that you knew of the David Oleski portfolio was upended with a simple study of a perfect pastry. My own world went through a sense of upheaval, as I found my sense of balance and simplicity challenged by the possibility of a new realm of exploration. All of the greatest pastries in the world could have become my target, cannoli, tiramisu, baklava, gelato, flan, crème brûlée, on and on it would go. It might still happen someday, but today, this wonderful painting is still available for purchase. This will be available to be shipped on December 12th, just in time for you to ponder the possibilities of pastries in painting.

A Slice of Cheesecake, 5 inches by 7 inches



No comments: