Sunday, December 10, 2017

Cherry Red

Cherries are the shiny hard rock candy of still life painting, and I'm always surprised with how much vivid color and sparkling reflections I can continue to find the longer I study them. I could easily get caught up in trying to render minute details with even smaller brushes, but I like struggling to find the shorthand that can suggest just as much with detail with less marks, and simpler design. Of course this early in the season the cherries aren't quite as plump and luminous as they will be in the upcoming weeks, so I may revisit this subject at some point before too long.

This painting will be dry enough to be framed and shipped in a few days, just in time for you to explore all the ways that cherry red can brighten your world this holiday season.

Three Cherries, 5 inches by 7 inches
SOLD!



No comments: