Friday, December 22, 2017

The Greatest Gift

I try to live my life with a certain level of purity and control, however certain vices might land me on the naughty list if I really took a closer look. I imagine wanderlust and electric guitars might be the most obvious sins of my mortal being, but the very fabric of my existence is closely intertwined with my grand stainless steel Pasquini espresso machine. Short of bowing down in prayer each morning, I have a set ritual of powering up, tamping down, calculated extraction and the jet-engine sound of frothing and steaming, heroically poured together to create one of the greatest cups of coffee that has ever existed on this planet. You may think I brag, but I am only the messenger of an actual fact, that the coffee I can create with this machine is likely to be the best coffee in the entire world. If anyone doubts this, I welcome you to make an appointment to stop by and I'll make you a cup, and you can sit down, take a sip and look me in the face and try to tell me that it's just ok. I dare you.

The Illy espresso is delivered by the case, every 6 to 8 weeks. The Illy espresso cup is the iconic profile of one of the greatest gifts the universe has ever granted to David Oleski, after his wife, his family, and all of his greatest friends, all over the world. 

The Illy Espresso Cup, 5 inches by 7 inches



No comments: